Tuesday, December 1, 2009

No credit is actually a good thing!

Back in 2007, when I started writing news for one of the credit card sites, bad credit card news was a rare occurance. New cards were launched, credit companies were generous enough to appeal customers with great programs before the holiday season. It's December 1 and I decided to visit that very site I used to write for and I was shocked to read the news. Citibank rises its interests up to 29.99%! As for the other banks, they're going to follow this trend.
It's so embarassing! There are tons of articles that describe plastics as a necessity and convenience. I've never had a credit card in my whole life. NEVER! I've never applied for a loan. Why not use debit cards that provide the same levels of security and peace of mind that you won't become a bankrupt someday? Sad to say but credit cards seem to be a very dangerous weapon in the long run.

1 comment: